- 1 How do I scan a barcode with Authenticator?
- 2 How do I scan QR codes with Authenticator app?
- 3 Where do I find the QR code for Authenticator?
- 4 How do I sign into Google Authenticator on my new phone?
- 5 What do I do if I lost my Google Authenticator?
- 6 How do I recover my Google Authenticator key?
- 7 Can I have Google Authenticator on two devices?
- 8 What is your key in Google Authenticator?
- 9 What is QR code Authenticator app?
- 10 How do I set up authenticator on my new phone?
- 11 How do I get my old authenticator on my new phone?
- 12 How do I restore my authenticator to a new phone?
How do I scan a barcode with Authenticator?
- From your favorite browser, open the Google account security page.
- Click on “2-Step Verification”
- Under the Authenticator App section, click “Setup”
- Choose your device type (Android, iPhone) and click “Next” to reveal a QR code.
- Open the Authenticator app on your device.
- Tap on “BEGIN SETUP”
How do I scan QR codes with Authenticator app?
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app and tap SCAN QR CODE. You might get a notification asking you to allow Authenticator to take pictures and record video. Tap Allow. After you scan the QR code, click Done on your computer.
Where do I find the QR code for Authenticator?
A QR Code will be shown on the Dashboard, with instructions to download Google Authenticator application. Download and Install Google Authenticator application on your phone. Launch the Authenticator application. Click on Scan a barcode.
How do I sign into Google Authenticator on my new phone?
On your new Android or iPhone, download and install the Google Authenticator app. 2. Using a PC or Mac, open Google’s webpage for two-step authentication and log in. When it becomes an option, click on “Move to a different phone.”
What do I do if I lost my Google Authenticator?
What if I lose my phone with Google Authenticator on it?
- Save your Backup Codes.
- Print Your QR Codes.
- Print or Save the Key.
- Reset Authenticator App using Change Phone option.
- Change your Google Account Password.
- Revoke your App Passwords.
How do I recover my Google Authenticator key?
If you have your backup key saved, follow these steps to recover the access: Download the Google Authenticator app on your device. If you haven’t saved the backup key but have access to your 2FA code
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Profile → Security.
- Select Edit Settings → Deactivate 2FA.
- Enter your 2FA code to confirm.
Can I have Google Authenticator on two devices?
You can set up Google Authenticator so that you can generate verification codes from more than one device. Make sure that you have Google Authenticator downloaded on all devices that you want to use.
What is your key in Google Authenticator?
To use Authenticator, the app is first installed on a smartphone. It must be set up for each site with which it is to be used: the site provides a shared secret key to the user over a secure channel, to be stored in the Authenticator app. This secret key will be used for all future logins to the site.
What is QR code Authenticator app?
A QR code will display on the screen. Open the authenticator app on your other device and add a new account. The device’s camera will activate, and you can use it to scan the QR code. The app will automatically generate a random code that you need to re-enter on the enrollment screen under the QR code.
How do I set up authenticator on my new phone?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification.
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under ” Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I get my old authenticator on my new phone?
Sign in using the Google Account whose codes you want to transfer. Scroll down the 2 Step Verification Page then click on Change Phone on the Authenticator App Tab. Select the OS version of your device. Either Android or iPhone.
How do I restore my authenticator to a new phone?
To recover your information
- On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery from the bottom of the screen.
- Sign in to your recovery account, using the same personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.