- 1 Where is my iClicker remote ID?
- 2 How do I re register my iClicker?
- 3 How do I reset my iClicker frequency?
- 4 Can you use iClicker for multiple classes?
- 5 How much does an iClicker cost?
- 6 Can you register an iClicker twice?
- 7 Can you reuse an iClicker?
- 8 How do I redeem my iClicker access code?
- 9 How do I know if my iClicker is working?
- 10 How do you turn off an iClicker?
- 11 How do I connect my iClicker?
- 12 Can I use my phone as an iClicker?
- 13 How do clickers work in the classroom?
- 14 Why does my iClicker says no base?
Where is my iClicker remote ID?
Where do I find my remote ID? Your iClicker remote ID is printed on a sticker located on the back of your remote. The ID is the 8-character code below the barcode. Newer original iClicker remotes have a secondary ID location behind the battery compartment and iClicker 2 remotes display the ID upon power up.
How do I re register my iClicker?
Registering Your iClicker in Canvas
- Step 1: Open iClicker Tool. In your course’s left navigation bar, click on the (1) iClicker tab.
- Step 2: Confirm Registration. Make sure your registration number is correct.
How do I reset my iClicker frequency?
Press and hold the power (labeled on/off) button until the Power light begins to flash. Enter the frequency code using the buttons A, B, C, or D on the iclicker. The frequency code is 2 characters and should match the frequency of the instructors.
Can you use iClicker for multiple classes?
The short answer is yes, you can use your i>clicker in multiple classes. There’s no need to buy one for each class.
How much does an iClicker cost?
iClicker Pricing Overview iClicker pricing starts at $23.99 per feature, per year. They do not have a free version. iClicker offers a free trial.
Can you register an iClicker twice?
Yes, you may register multiple remotes for any reason. i>clicker will link both remotes to your name so that you receive credit for votes you made with either remote.
Can you reuse an iClicker?
The new iClicker can be used with any class that requires it. After students are done with their iClickers, they can be reused by someone else after they register them. Once a new user registers, all records of the original user will be replaced.
How do I redeem my iClicker access code?
Click on your current subscription. Click Enter Access Code. Scratch off the panel on your Reef Access Code card (bundled with your iClicker 2 remote) to reveal your access code. Enter the 12-character access code, then click Submit.
How do I know if my iClicker is working?
Using iClicker in Class Once you have registered for a class, the clicker can be identified as yours by the instructor’s software. Once in class, simply turn the unit on (bottom button) when polling begins. A blue Power light indicates the unit is working.
How do you turn off an iClicker?
To turn on your iClicker, press the On/ Off button at the bottom of the clicker. The power light should shine blue. The clicker will remain on for 90 minutes as long as there is an activated base in your classroom. If you leave class and forget to turn off your clicker, it will automatically turn off after 5 minutes.
How do I connect my iClicker?
Getting Started with iClicker Cloud for Windows
- Install the Application. Double-click the downloaded MSI file and follow the setup directions to install the iClicker Cloud software on your computer.
- Create an Account.
- Create a Course.
- Start a Session.
- Start a Poll.
- Respond Using Another Device.
Can I use my phone as an iClicker?
A: Yes. iClicker Cloud supports the use of mobile devices and laptops in your class. If you are using iClicker Classic, you must enable the use of mobile devices and laptops in your course settings.
How do clickers work in the classroom?
Clickers are an interactive technology that enables instructors to pose questions to students and immediately collect and view the responses of the entire class. The system instantly collects and tabulates the results, which instructors can view, save, and (if they wish) display anonymously for the entire class to see.
Why does my iClicker says no base?
NO BASE – The remote is unable to communicate with the base. Check with your instructor to make sure your remote is set to the correct frequency and/or the instructor’s base is connect- ed.